Thursday, August 14, 2014

Polkadot Pinafore with a side dressing of Life


This is the blog post where there is soooo much been happening in my life that I don't know even where to start!!

And to be honest I can't be bothered to either! Lets just say this year has been the most challenging and eye opening year I have had in a long time, I have cried so much over the stress of it all, I even reckon I invented a new type of cry where you scream and cry at the same time! 

Or quite likely I wasn't the first to have done that and it's just that I have never personally been pushed off the edge like this before.......parenting is hard! and when you throw in more complexities than usual, its hair pulling hard.

But things for the meantime seem eerily normal so I have a bit of a pep in my step....I feel like I'm bouncing around the place, skipping along and spreading happiness to those around me.....long may it last! And then today with a moment to steal for myself I finally felt like sharing on this space again.

So here's a darling dress I made for my little girl a couple of weeks ago during Kids Clothing Week...isn't she cute?!


 Its the Pinafore from the book Happy Homemade Sew Happy Chic, and I just love the flutter sleeves and the big vintage yellow buttons I got from my MIL's button jar.


I am quite taken with this book as all the patterns are nice and simple to make and have classical lines but with a lovely feminine twist.  
 

Plus there aren't a heap of pattern pieces to cut out, which is a refreshing change compared to the Ottobre Design Patterns that I am used to.


I have already made another garment from this book that I'm yet to sew buttons onto, which I must do, as I'm already itching to cut out another! I just have to decide which one!


Linking in with the Lovely Leonie from sunshine x 3


11 comments:

Unknown said...Best Blogger Tips

Love! Gorgeous girl too x

Susan C. said...Best Blogger Tips

After the storm, a rainbow appears. You have endured and life although changed and your heart storm tossed, there is a joy in surviving something you never thought you could! ((((((((Hugs)))))))))) you are one amazing mum.

Leanne M said...Best Blogger Tips

Laura, this is such a lovely, honest post. I hope that things continue to track upwards even if there are setbacks along the way. You are such a courageous, inspirational mum. This dress is so cute, I loved seeing it on Instagram, but now that it is being worn by your daughter, I can see how sweet it is - job well done!

nz green buttons said...Best Blogger Tips

It's so perfect for your daughter! I love it! I really hope that the worst is behind you and things are on the up and up!One day at a time is all any of us can do (or minute by minute on the bad days?) xxx

Leonie said...Best Blogger Tips

I think the internet ate my comment :(. Lovely pinafore on a gorgeous girl! Love love it :). And hooray for time to sew and for some "normality"!! Thinking of you all, big hugs xx

Schulz Family said...Best Blogger Tips

absolutely gorgeous

Cat said...Best Blogger Tips

Same same but yet so different on this year and stress and scream crying and well yeah you know it . . . but . . . loving the friendships and creativity that blossom and grow out of these hard times xxx

Cat said...Best Blogger Tips

xxx

Leonie said...Best Blogger Tips

Oh your girl is gorgeous Laura and that dress is BEAUTIFUL!!
Hugs to you beautiful lady. Im sorry this year has been so hard, harder than everyone I know, you are so strong and amazing.
Im glad there is a moment for you to smile and catch your breath.

xx

BigLittle said...Best Blogger Tips

She looks like she is loving her beautiful new dress :) Hooray for a spell of feeling decent, it is always so welcome when you have been having it tough.. Hugs, Lisa x

Catching the Magic said...Best Blogger Tips

So glad to hear you've had a moment to feel upbeat and hopefully, with spring not far off, everything will continue to feel a little more balanced. That dress is absolutely gorgeous and your daughter too. How lucky she is to have such a super Mamma. Lovely to see your photos and read this post. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...